Depression Therapy in Grand Rapids
Treatment Therapies for Depression
What Is Depression?
Everyone occasionally feels sad or blue. These feelings are usually short-lived and pass within a couple of days. When dealing with depression, it can interfere with daily life and causes pain for both you and those that care about you. Depression is a common but serious illness.
Many people with a depressive illness never seek treatment. The majority, even those with the most severe depression, have a higher chance of getting better with treatment. Medications, psychotherapies, and other methods can effectively treat people with depression.
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Depending on the severity, frequency, and duration of symptoms vary on the individual and his or her particular illness.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
- Irritability, restlessness
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Overeating, or appetite loss
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
Here at Sollars and Associates, we strive to end the pain and suffering. If you are having any of the symptoms listed above whether it’s a few or many, please give us a call today and we will do everything we can to get you help!